I wasn’t having a great day yesterday, so to make it better I made this dee-licious vegan garlic bread. Not only is it tasty, but it’s super easy to make and only takes about five minutes! But be careful! Once you make it, you’re going to want to make it all the time!
I can honestly say that I don’t miss the parmesan on this garlic bread and I think the nutritional yeast makes it taste like the garlic bread my mom used to make with the powdered parmesan that came in a green can-like thing. If your mom also used this growing up, I think you will agree that this garlic bread tastes a little bit like home.
If you follow a vegan diet, you probably already have everything you need without an extra trip to the store. The only thing we don’t always have on hand is bread but when we do have it, it’s hard for two of us to finish the entire loaf before it goes bad. This is a wonderful solution to that problem. We made the Killer Cucumber Sandwiches last week and had five slices left over. This recipe will not have not exact measurements because it’s basically impossible to measure for every different sized loaf of bread. With that being said, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Glorious Garlic Bread
- sourdough bread
- vegan butter*
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- garlic salt
- nutritional yeast flakes
- Place as many slices of bread as you need to feed you family/guests on a sheet pan that will fit in your broiler area of your oven
- Lightly butter each slice of bread, but cover all the way to the crust**
- Sprinkle the garlic powder on each slice, enough to cover the bread but you should still see through to the butter
- Now sprinkle about the onion powder (I usually put half the amount that I used for the garlic powder)
- Very lightly sprinkle the garlic salt (like you would with regular salt)
- Dust each slice of bread with nutritional yeast flakes (they should be pretty much covered but a very thin layer)
- Turn on your broiler and place the sheet pan inside
- Broil for about five minutes, if you preheat the broiler it could take as little as two minutes so keep an eye on them!
- Let cool for a few minutes before digging in and enjoy!
*I use Original Earth Balance
**not a crucial step, I’m just picky!
If you make this garlic bread, let me know how it went in the comments! If you post on social media, use the hashtag #rissgoesvegan and/or tag @marissaselby so I can see your beautiful creations!