Happy Tuesday Y’all! I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year! I had a pretty eventful weekend. On Saturday I had to get a new battery in my car. On Sunday I had to get two new tires, and on Monday I learned that someone had stolen my debit card number and had spent a few hundred dollars without me noticing. All of that really blew…BUT! I now have a car that runs much safer, I learned that Chase deals with credit card fraud extremely well, I got to see my best friend and celebrate her birthday over a couple of beers, I spent time with family and friends and I’m alive to see another year. I’ll say I came out on top.
Yesterday, we made a special trip to Sprouts to get some vegan cream cheese to make jalapeño poppers. Unfortunately the cream cheese didn’t bake well, leaving us with some weird squishy dough balls. We ate almost all of them, but that’s beside the point. Today I thought I could try using the cream cheese to make something yummy and I saw some strawberries in the fridge and Ritz crackers. When I opened the strawberries, I noticed they were all moldy! Don’t you hate that!? The blackberries I had were good so I thought I’d give those a shot and I’m glad I did! These are good for an afternoon snack or as an appetizer for a party!
Blackberry Cream Cheese Delights
- vegan cream cheese (I used Daiya)
- crackers (I used Ritz)
(It’s hard to call this a recipe, it’s so easy! More like an idea)
- Spread cream cheese on desired amount of crackers
- Top each cracker with one blackberry
- I suggest tasting a little of your cream cheese before you lather it on your crackers. I like this vegan cream cheese but I wouldn’t eat it in globs like I used to with dairy cream cheese
- Pro-tip! Put the cream cheese on the side WITHOUT the salt so you’re forced to put the salty side down on your tongue when you bite into them, it’s seriously ridiculous
If you try this recipe, let me know how it went in the comments below! If you post on social media, use the hashtag #rissgoesvegan and/or tag @marissaselby so I can see your beautiful creations!